Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'm a loser! (Week 10)

Well, I don't know what I did two weeks ago to make myself gain all that weight. I thought it was from eating all weekend, but my guess is that is was liquid weight. To be honest (because last week I was too embarrassed to be honest), I gained back all the weight that I had lost! 11 pounds! There is no way I could gain 11 pounds one week then lose 11+ pounds the next unless it was all liquid.

I'm back down to where I was plus another two pounds. That makes me down a total of 13 since I started! I'm so excited! I'm more than a little disappointed that it's taking so long to come off, but I'll take it! A couple weeks ago, a friend said it seems to stay off better if you lose it slower, which is probably true (at least I hope it is).

I'm still trying to be as physical as my body will let me, which is still not much. I've been walking with the kids a few blocks a day. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I can actually do more now than I could even last winter. (No... I'm not that out of shape, I have health issues that limit my abilities.) I try and do the walks before it gets too hot because the hotter it is, the harder it is for me.

As strange as this sounds, I also do push-ups off the kitchen counter to try to build up a little muscle. They're a little easier than doing them on the floor and still makes my muscles work. I put my feet as far out on the floor away from the counter as I can and do ten push-ups off the ledge of the counter. Again, 10 doesn't sound like much, but much more and my heart starts racing. I do this every time I go into the kitchen (probably ten times a day). I make sure my core muscles are tight too. Hopefully that will burn some of that belly flab that seems so abundant.

No comments: