I’ve been wanting to get back into “fun” photography again. I haven’t done artistic work much since I got out of school ten years ago. I’ve done a few things here and there, but nothing extraordinary. I mostly do portraits and miss just taking my camera and shooting random things and making them fun and artistic. I’m going to try something that will get me out and do it more… we’ll see how it turns out. I tried to do this Fall of 2009, shortly after starting my blog. But I didn't get enough traffic to make it work. I soon found other sites that did it and joined them. I want to try it again now that I have some people actually interested in my blog.
Here's the "rules".
1. This is the number one rule for any photos and artwork on the web: Do not use anyone else's photos for your entry. I've heard of others having issues with stealing content and I don't want to have any of that here. By entering this "contest", you give permission for me to post your photo (along with a link to your website) on 2babycakes should it be my favorite of the week.
2. Try not to use old photos. Try to go out and shoot new stuff. I want to challenge all of you (and myself) to go out and shoot something fun every week.
3. Make sure you link to your post URL, not your blog URL. Those that are posted wrong may be erased. (For example: http://new2babycakes.blogspot.com/ is a blog URL; http://new2babycakes.blogspot.com/2009/10/perceptive-perspective-love.html is a post URL. The easiest way to find this is to click on the title of your post. After it brings up that post only, it will be at the top in the web address strip.)
4. Your link must link back to 2babycakes or Perceptive Perspective in some way. You can use a code to the left to do so (just stick the code in your "edit html" function and it will put the linkable photo in for you). If you do not have a link back to 2babycakes, your link may be erased.
5. For now, there is no limit to number of photos that you can put in your post for each theme. (This may change if I get too many participants.)
How does this work?
* Every Tuesday, there will be a post with a specific theme on 2babycakes and I’ll have my picture(s) that I took for that week’s challenge in a post. Below the picture(s), I will have a linky. This is where you come in. YOU will post on your blog (or your flicker page) your picture(s) and information about this challenge. Then you’ll fill out my linky with your name and your link to this week’s challenge. This is where you put your post url, not blog url.
*After my linky, I'll announce the next week's theme. Start shooting!
* Every Friday, I will post my favorite contestant photos with links to their site. Try to have your best posted so you are chosen as my favorite. This way, you'll get more traffic to your site.When I get enough traffic and participants, I may even have prizes and give aways!
* Remember to look at other participants' blogs. Tell them how they're doing! This will give you ideas and help you learn as well as help others learn by your comments.
*Also, remember the name of the challenge... Perceptive Perspective. Make your photo interesting... make it "perceptive"... change your "perspective" on a particular object and see what you can come up with! Sometimes the slightest shift can make a world of difference!