Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm a loser!

I know I'll probably regret this, but I'm going to do it anyway...

As many of you moms out there can relate, ever since my girls were born, it's been much harder to keep any extra weight off. I had lost thirty pounds about four years ago. I soon gained ten back, but held off that other twenty pounds with surprisingly little effort. Over the last year and a half, however, I have gained that twenty pounds back, plus ten more! I have never felt so crappy about my body image as I do at this very moment!

I've tried to have a competition with some of my girlfriends, but it quickly fizzled out. I thought if I had some support and someone pushing me, I would have better results. Unfortunately, I did not push myself!

I thought if I put it out there for the whole world (or at least all you crazy people that keep up with my blog), maybe.... just maybe I'll hold myself accountable.

I don't know how I'm going to do it yet... I'll have to figure that out as I go. Exercising is not the easiest of things for me, so I'll have to take that part slow. I've been thinking of trying yoga, but not sure I can do many positions without passing out... I'll see how it goes. Dieting will be my biggest device. Last time I lost weight, all I did was cut down on my food intake. I didn't even go all crazy with what I ate, just how much I ate. I'm hoping that I can do that again... but I think I'm dreaming on that one!!

So, my goal is going to be small, then I'll work up from there. I'm going for half my weight gained... 15lbs. I'll post once a week how I'm doing with it. I just pray this whole thing wont come back and bite me in the butt! Hopefully, every week I'll have good news to share.

Also, I'm inviting anyone else who wants to join me. I know it's VERY personally exposing, but that's kinda the point. It will hold you accountable. I invite you to comment in my weigh-in posts how YOU are doing that week. You don't have to put your actual weight, just weight loss.

No comments: