Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Camping?

It's that time of year again! I know, some of you are saying I'm nuts, but I'm a true camper - get out camping as soon as possible and stay out as long as possible. We're headed out this weekend and can hardly stand the wait! Because the weather has been so nice, we could have actually been out there last weekend. But with the holiday, things got busy.

So this week, I'm busy packing up the essentials, blankets being at the top of the list. I know the first few weekends are always a challenge. Things are forgotten, especially with my forgetful brain these days. So we always improvise or borrow from the neighbors that have also dared to venture out. I'm not looking forward to cleaning up the camper though. There's always lots to do the first weekend out.

This year will be very different than last. It will be much less eventful, much less kids, and much less friends. For one reason or another, four families have left to start adventures elsewhere. It will take some getting used to, but hopefully, it will all work out. There are still a number of friends there and, thanks to one family, a number of kids! (Thanks Beckie!)

I'm looking forward to late nights - laughing by a campfire, soaking in the river, listening to the girls have fun with their friends and even heading "Up North" a few times with those who just HAD to be on a lake (Traders!) 

So, someone grab the marshmallows and a nice, cold beer and join me by the fire!

No comments: