Thursday, September 10, 2009

That's a first!

It’s Emma’s first day in first grade. It’s amazing how time flies! She was so excited on Tuesday when the whole family went in to meet the teacher and get her photo taken. Then yesterday, while anxiously waiting for today, her and Lexi played school half the day. She slumped around the house most of the day, wishing the day was over so she could begin school today.
At supper, she said, “I wish it was night time.”

“Why,” I asked.

“Because then I could go to sleep, then it would be morning and I could go to school.”

Then at bed she said as she clapped her hands, “I’m so excited for school! I’m going to go right to sleep ’cause I have a big day tomorrow!”

The morning came and she popped right out of bed with a smile on her face. She got ready so nice, without a fight, without a shout, and without a tear! I loved it! Let’s see how she does in two weeks when she is tired and crabby in the mornings and all the excitement has worn off…

She took off on her bike, all by herself. Stopping to look back every ten feet or so. It didn’t help that I was taking her picture as she peddled away. She loves the camera and always wants to be in front of it!

I think I’m just as excited as she is (maybe more). She’s growing up right before my eyes. I love watching her learn and try new things. Also, now maybe I’ll get some things done around the house. Heck, maybe (just maybe) Darren will come home to a clean house ever now and then! And I still get her home with me after school.

I also find myself looking back to the beautiful little baby she was and how fast she’s grown up.

No comments: