Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer Fun

It’s the last real week of summer and I wonder where the heck it went! It seems like school was just let out for summer vacation and the buds were blooming in the sweet spring air. Summer, along with many other good things in life, is gone in the blink of an eye.

We spent our summer camping with family and good friends who have now become my family. Soon the snow will creep in with it’s short days and excruciatingly long nights. I will miss relaxing by the fire on a warm summer night with a cold beer in hand while everyone tells stories of their “glory days”. I will miss waking up to a hot cup of coffee and reading a book in the soothing morning sunshine. I will miss watching the kids running around with their friends, free as can be, without a care in the world. I will miss our mock happy hour (even tho we haven’t had one for a while) with the best Bloody Mary’s I’ve ever had! I will miss the “whatcha got?…. I got this…. let’s throw it together” way of cooking. I will miss sitting in the river while the kids (and dog) go wild in the water.

But most of all, I will miss my friends. They will still be around, but not every weekend like they are now. They wont be right there when I wake up, waiting to have breakfast together. They wont be right there to tell a funny story right when I need one. They wont be right there to listen to my rants. They wont be right there to be crazy with me.

Thanks all you meadow rats! I love you all and will miss you much! <3

No comments: