Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Perceptive Perspective - In Memory of...

PhotobucketI know this isn't the easiest of challenges, but I find it important and I hope you all do to. There are some of you from other countries that may not know, but yesterday was Memorial day. This holiday is to focus attention on our military, past and present. Because it is such a specific topic, I am re-using some photos.

I have profound respect for our military and their families. My grandfather was in the Navy for twenty years and served in WWII and Korea. He was away from his family until his oldest child was fourteen and the forth and final child was one. He would come home long enough to visit and leave my grandma pregnant once again. And here they are after 64 years together and still in love!


There are so many sacrifices that both the soldiers and their families have to bare. I have profound respect for them all. This soldier has been sent overseas twice. These are photos from when he came home.




I did not take these following pictures, but have to pay respect to this family. This is his third deployment overseas. He just left over the weekend and here is their send-off photo.


And this one was taken a few weeks ago.


THANK YOU ALL!

Next week: Sunset






2 comments:

Leovi said...

Nice pictures, beautiful frames full of tenderness. Greetings.

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

That was so appropriate for this weekend..