Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Perceptive Perspective - Labor

PhotobucketDid everyone have a good holiday? I did... It seemed to be non-stop and crazy, but it was still a good weekend. Between the holiday, various guests, and not feeling well, I didn't get my "labor" shots done. So I quick shot some last night of my veggies I picked from my garden. I know, I know... the tomatoes should have been left on the vine a little longer to ripen, but bugs keep eating them just as they're starting to turn red. I got really irritated last night and decided to pick the ones that were close.

"What's the 'labor'?" you say...

Well, I have 22 tomatoes, 6 green peppers and 29 assorted spicy peppers sitting here on my vounter, waiting for me to can them into salsa. There is at least double this out in my garden still, not quite ready to pick. That's a ton of canning! I've got a lot of work ahead of me!

What is work to you?


Next week's challenge: Hands

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! Wish I had a garden, but not sure I would take the time needed to really help it thrive.

Ashley Sisk said...

What great shots - it reminds me of a friend of mine that is growing peppers on his back porch. He is so proud of the few peppers that have come from his effort.

Muriel said...

Great shots, my dad has the same veggies in his garden that he is picking all the time.

Teresa said...

Those are wonderful pictures. I consider the garden a labor of love, not work!

GingerGirl Photography ~ Amy Ferrell said...

love the veggies! we did a garden this year too, but with very limited goods, but super excited for the spaghetti squash we have growing. I am glad to link up my first post with this challenge.

Holly said...

Lovely veges!! My hubby does all of that kind of work. ;D I enjoy his labors, though.

Love the pix!