Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm a loser! (Week 5)

I'm proud to say this week was better than last! The weekend got me again. I'm going to have to show some more restraint than I have on the weekends. Just because I'm camping, doesn't give me pass on pigging out on everything in site! I think if I can control my weekend binges, I could loose twice as fast.

I'm down another 2 pounds, 10 total. I'm so excited! I'm 2/3 of the way to reaching my first goal of 15 pounds and I feel like I'm just getting started! My ultimate goal is to be down to a nice size by August. (8th to be exact!) There's a big event coming up that I want to look spiffy for...

Before I started all this "Loser" stuff, I used to have a handful of cookies, an overflowing bowl of ice cream or some other treat about 9:00 every night after we got the girls into bed and settled ourselves. Before I knew it, X* number of Oreo cookies would be gone from the package and I wasn't any more satisfied with myself than before I started. I still crave something sweet (chocolate to be exact) at the end of the day; I think that will always be an issue for me. Instead of filling up on junk, I take one handful of chocolate chips. I actually have a mixed bag of butterscotch and chocolate chips in my fridge. It's funny how that one handful (maybe 20 chips) satisfies my craving as much or even more than the other treats I used to eat.

* Actual number of cookies is left out to protect certain parties from major embarrassment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Hollie ! Kat

Anonymous said...

You're doing better than I am...since you started I have gained 2!!!! Buy some DARK chocolate (not milk chocolate) to eat before bed. It is supposed to help the heart...can't hurt! Mom