Thursday, December 3, 2009

"It's the most 'busy' time of the year!"

I forget how chaotic December is every year! You would think that in 30 years, I would have caught on by now... but sadly, I'm still figuring that out. It's only the third day in December and I'm already dreading the long list of projects, birthdays and events that are soon to happen. It's one party after another, one present after another, one more place to spend money after another!

Between the 4th of December and the 3rd of January we have 13 birthdays and two anniversaries (that's just the close family and friends). Plus five family Christmas parties, one for Darren's work and at least one for friends. Then there's the Christmas concert for Emma's elementary school (that's this coming Monday at 1:30 and again at 7:00 if anyone wants to come). And who can forget New Years... which is also my good friend's 40th birthday- so two parties in one! I'm actually looking forward to this years New Years. The last few years we've just stayed home or laid low. We already have a party planned and it's going to be great!

For the first time ever, I went shopping on Black Friday. I was so exhausted after Thursday's activities that I was asleep by 7:30. I was then wide awake when Darren got up for work at 4:30. By 5:00, I gave up and got ready to join the crazy crowds. The kids were at Heather's so I didn't have to worry about them. I left the house by 5:30 and was back in my door before 7:30. Amazingly, I got about 90% of my shopping done! And I saved a lot more than I thought I would! I was worn out by this time, so I crashed on the couch for the rest of the morning, wrapping all the gifts. So not only are they bought, but they are ready to put under the tree!

This is a major accomplishment for me! Usually about the 23rd , I'm saying, "Well, better get started on buying gifts!" Then I'm always wrapping them right before I put them under the tree... which is Christmas Eve - about midnight! (Thanks Mom for that trait!)

So now, I need to remember to slow down and enjoy this time. Enjoy the fun, enjoy the family and friends, enjoy the music, and even enjoy the 4 billion Christmas movies that will be on tv from now 'til the end of the month. (Really, how many can they come up with?) I'm also reminding you to do the same! Have a great month!

1 comment:

kris said...

I love you MUCHACHO!!!!!!!!