Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh, the wisdom of children!

Kids have such a simple way of looking at things. I wish we could all see things this clearly…
There was a commercial for buying/investing in gold on the radio today. It didn’t really go into detail, but mentioned how with all the government spending, inflation is bound to happen. Emma heard this commercial and said, “Does Obama want to take all your money?”

I laughed, as any conservative mom would, and responded, “Yes, he does.”

“Why?” she asked.

“Well, he’s spending a lot of money that he doesn’t have,” I responded, “and he has to use our money to pay for it.”

“Then, why is he spending it if it’s not his… that’s not fair.”

Again, I laugh. Unfortunately, I didn’t have an answer to that one… Anyone else know how to respond to a six-year-old who is apparently smarter than those that run this country?

1 comment:

Hollie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.